Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Accepting insurance settlement then sueing other party for difference of vehicle purchase

Insurance totaled my car and offered a settlement that will not replace my paid-for vehicle.

If I accept the settlement will I be able to sue the party who hit me for the difference in purchase price in small claims court of Alabama?



Most likely yes. It depends on how what you exactly signed when you got your settlement. If you release that party completely, you could have release their liability.

If you did not, then you probably still have a cause of action, and you can probably bring it in Small Claims Court (if it is below the damage threshold for your state).

Talk to a local attorney for more details

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice
Spokane Washington

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432