Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Accident Involving Semi Truck

by Jeanette
(Eureka, calif )

I was on the side of the road, I had just started the car and put it in gear, waiting to pull out, when a semi truck rounded the corner to tight and hit the back of the car i was driving which happen to be my moms car.

My son and i were in the car. the police report found the driver of the semi at fault. but im not sure how i am to proceed from here, we did not go to the ER when it happened (yesterday), but i am headed to hospital today, just to make sure because my son has had a headache since it occured, and my knee is acheing and when I woke up this morning I myself still have a headache, and across the middle of my back is extremely tight and sore.,

I'm not sure if it is just the stress of it, that's causing my headache and my body to be so sore, but my mom says I should take me and my son to the er just to get checked out and make sure.

I didn't report any injuries at time of accident I was just shaken up and shakey and my body trembled most of the night, but I didn't know of any injury at the time of accident, if I go to the er will I have to pay the bills or will the insurance cover it?



Hello Jeanette,

Your PIP coverage (the insurance company who insured's your mothers vehicle) should cover your medical bills. See more on personal injury protection here.
The at-fault insurance company should pay your insurance company back when you settle for pain and suffering and other damages.

The first step is to call the insurance company of the car you were driving and file a claim, and ask for PIP benefits for you and your child.

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice
Spokane Washington

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432