Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Auto accident payee if minor reaches adulthood

who would be the payee if a minor was in an accident but is now 18 and the bills are in the parents name.


Depending on your jurisdiction, but most likely and what usually happens is that the payments are made to the medical providers directly, that way the obligation that came about because of the accident is satisfied.

If there are pain and suffering and/or general damages, they are probably paid to the injured party (the minor who reached adulthood)>

I hope this helps

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432