Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Bodily injury claim | Can I make this claim

by Diana
(San Antonio, TX.)

Can my boyfriend and my son claim bodily injury for their injuries substained in a non fault auto accident while driving my car?

I have the basic full coverage on my car in which my car was said to be totaled by my insurance adjuster. The at fault driver was a 17 year old unlicensed and uninsured driver, because he was excluded from the policy.


Hello Diana,

You, your boyfriend and son would be entitle to make a bodily injury claim against the person who hit your (17 year old uninsured) against his insurance company. Since he has no insurance, you have to make a claim against your own uninsured motorist coverage is you have that coverage on your policy.

If you do not have this coverage, and assuming that the driver of your vehicle has 0% fault, then they might not be able to make a claim for pain and suffering.

They can get their medical bills paid under PIP coverage, but no pain and suffering. For more information about uninsured bodily injury claim, visit:

Remember to contact an attorney before you make any decisions. It is possible that you could still make an injury, depending on your specif policy and whether or not the driver on your had any fault at all. To find a lawyer, visit:

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432