Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Broad form collision coverage

by Don
(Sterling Heights, MI)

I had a auto accident: due to the broad form collision coverage i have my insurance company gave me special consideration and judged me not at fault, however i was eventually found at fault by the police/41-a district court and was mailed a ticket.

My insurance company say's if they refund my deductable they are not obligated to pay the mini-tort claim by the other persons insurance company. They say it would be considered another cliam. Is this true and can they do this???


Hello Don, it depends on what kind of policy you have (different kinds of "broad form collision") and what your policy actually says. If you are at fault, and you are seeking coverage for your car, you owe a deductible (usually).

There is not enough information here to give you an answer.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432