Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Can personal anguish of a third party?

by Kim
(Moreno Valley, CA)

Can personal anguish of a third party be used to settle a claim in a car accident. my 16yo dtr was in a car accident, can i claim personal anguish?


Hello Kim,

Well, not as a "persona anguish" type of heading. You can try to claim negligent infliction of emotional distress, however, you must show that you were in close proximity of the accident (within a few feet of distance) AND that you saw your daughter being hit.

It's a very difficult claim to make and you will nee an attorney for it. You will have to show your damages (probably medical findings of the distress / anguish).

You could also look at the following claims:


You really need to talk to a lawyer about this.

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432