Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Car accident and then insurance dropped

I was in an accident in my boyfriends fathers car. He lives in new jersey and colorado and wanted me to pay for the car to be fixed.

I didn't have the money at the time and then his insurance dropped him because I got into the accident.

Do they still have to pay for the car to be fixed because he was insured at the time? Can I fight them if they don't want to pay?



Yes, if the loss/accident occurred during the time the policy was active (before he was dropped), and he had the proper coverages on place, it's likely that they still have to cover the loss.

You would have to go to the department of insurance or insurance commissioner to make them pay (if they give you issues with the coverage, they may just pay it).

I hope this helps,

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice
Spokane Washington

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432