Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Car changed ownership and new owner is trying to sue me

I was at fault and hit another car the driver was the son of the owner. Since then the father gave ownership to the mother they are divorced and were so at the time of the accident.

The son is now trying to sue me for damages so I contacted my insurance company to start a claim processes and to look into this matter.

My question is can I even be sued by this kid the accident was over a year ago



Most likely yes. Most states statutes of limitation are at least two years for property damages and about the same for personal injury. Look for your state statute of limitation.

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432