Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Car damage and estimate dispute

by Ada
(fortuna, Ca)

My car was parked, hit by a insured driver, I don't like the appraisals I got how long do I have to get my car fixed? I live in California.


Hello Ada,

You can wait until the statute of limitation expires (you have to check what your statute of limitation for property damage claims is in California,

I believe 3 years, but you have to double check). At any rate, you can dispute the estimate by contacting another bodyshop or mechanic to help you with that. They can review it and call the insurance company to fix, correct, and modify any in accuracies.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432