Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Car Insurance and Coverage

by steve

My 17 year old son has just bought a car and the log book
has been sent off in his name, so can I take out insurance
in my name wIth him as a named driver even though thelog book has his name on it?

Many thanks


Hello Steve,

You can take insurance on the vehicle as long as you have an insurable interest on the car (i.e. you are the registered owner, you have the title, or you cosigned or you have the loan on your name).

If the vehicle is completely and 100% on you son's name, then you do need to talk to your agent. It is possible that they can simply add the vehicle to you existing policy and name your son as the driver (if he lives with you). This happens often, so it should not be very difficult to do.

I hope this helps,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432