Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Car stolen and was in accident | Coverage for thid party?

My daughters car was stolen and we got it back wrecked in the front. Today we got a letter from state farm that our car damaged someone's property.

Do we have to pay anything?



Well, most likely not. Your insurance company will probably deny liability coverage to the third party who's property was damaged because most auto insurance policies exclude coverage when the vehicle is taken without permission.

Your vehicle would probably be covered under comprehensive (if you carry that coverage) because this was a theft.

The question then will be if the other insurance company or person can come after you. Well, if they can show that you or your daughter were negligent in anyway, you could be responsible.

As always, check with a local attorney here:

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432