Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Check from insurance | What to do with it?

by Joshua

I recently got in a car accident and the driver wasn't insured. but the owner was and i filed with my insurance and theirs.

my insurance fixed the car and the other insurance sent me a check for the damage what do i do with the check? its in my name. also my insurance said they were seeking for the other insurance company to pay back the deductible and they would reimburse when they got it.


Well, if the other insurance company paid you, you have to turn those funds into your insurance company (mines your deductible). You cannot have double recovery and your own insurance policy probably have subrogation of rights clauses in it.

To learn more about subrogation of rights, visit:

This means that you have contractual duty to refund the money to your insurance company.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432