Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Coverage for visiting brother

by Chris

My brother form Poland is visiting for three months

He would like to use my car, will he be covered under my
insurance policy if something happens?


Hi Chris,

Most likely yes. Your auto insurance policy probably has the omnibus clause in it. This clause insures anyone driving your car as long as they are not excluded from the policy.

If your brother is not excluded, then he will likely be covered.

There might be some exclusions about not having a valid driver license. Make sure your brother has a license when he comes over. Some policies do not exclude people without licenses.

Check with your agent to make sure you are completely covered.

Good Luck and enjoy his visit.

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432