Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

DUI accident

by Rashidi

My vehicle was recently hit by a drunk driver while it was parked in front of my house and had significant damage as a result. The police told me the vehicle was uninsured.

When I filed a claim with my insurance company they said there was nothing they could do because my policy didn't have collision coverage and because the vehicle that hit me was uninsured. I have uninsured motorist coverage, and comprehensive coverage.

I want to know is there anyway that I can get my vehicle repaired without filing a suite against the DUI driver? I live in Pennsylvania.





Something does not add up here. If you have Uninsured Motorist property Damage and bodily injury, your insurance company must cover you if the other person (the drunk driver) is at fault for the accident and they have no insurance.

Sounds that this is the case in your situation. If the other person was at fault, then you should be able to apply this coverage.

I would double check with your adjuster why this coverage is not being applied. It might be that they are saying that you are at fault for the accident? I am not sure.

This is about the only way you can get this covered without having collision.

I hope this helps some.

Good luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432