Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Head Injury -- Help

by Doris

I was a passenger in a car that hit another car from the back, my head hit the dashboard, went to hospital i had a mri,ct which showed a briuse of some sought,

I had a severe head ache and dizziness, nausea for over a week, i was off of work for 3 days .this happened dec 2, 08 i was given pain med, muscle relaxers.the car damage was well over $3000.00. State farm insurance offered me $1500.00 for the injury...i'm just flabbergasted ! Please Help.


Hello Doris,

Well, I am sorry to hear about your accident. Usually, insurance adjusters will only look at your medical records to see if you have an actual injury documented by a doctor.

They believe that if you claim that your dizzy or that you have a headache, you are making it up or you are trying to take advantage of the situation. They argue that there is no objective findings that you are actually injured or at least you are not more injured than $1,500 worth.

There is a lot claims you can make. Visit: to learn exactly what type of claim you can make.

Insurance companies like to play hard ball, and sometime the best thing to do is to talk to an attorney. If you believe this offer is way below than it should be, then you need to go see a lawyer. If you are hesitant to do that quite yet, then request your medical records and read what they say. There might be more evidence of your injury that they are making it sound.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432