Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Hit and run accident | Will my uninsured motorist coverage help me here?

by Carol
(Los Angeles California)

I have comprehensive auto insurance, and un insured motorists, was hit today by a head on, hit and run.

Will my uninsured motorist kick in for my car and medical bills?


Hello Carol,

Most likely yes. Technically speaking, uninsured motorist coverage are two different coverages:

You will need the property damage for the car and the bodily injury for your pain and suffering (your medical bills will get paid out of the PIP or Medical Payments coverage).

Usually, these coverages are sold together, so if you have the one, chances are that you have the other.

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice
Spokane Washington

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432