Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Hit from the Rear... | Value of Injury

I was stopped at a stop light and a truck rammed in to the back of my truck causing me to hit the car in front of me. The gentleman behind me received the ticket. I was not at fault. My Jeep was considered "totaled" by the insurance agent and they settled on the amount they would give me for that.

I am having back and neck pain. I went to the ER the day of the accident because of the pain, they gave me an anti-inflammatory. I also had to see my Dr. because the pain wasn't getting better.

She gave me an anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer. She stated that if within two weeks the pain had not resolved I would need to go to Physicl Therapy and recommended I see a Chiropractor. My back and neck is still hurting. I will follow up with her (Dr.) next week.

I am a 20 yr male. I am a student working on my nursing degree. I am having difficulty sitting in class and performing some of the "skills: related to nursing such as positioning and lifting patients. If I don't perform these skills, I could fail that class.

My job is Telemetry Monitor at the hospital. This requires sitting in a chair and monitoring patient heart rhythms and making staff aware of any heart irregularities. My back and neck always begin hurting before I make it through half of a 12 hour shift.

I am not trying to be difficult, but I am 20 years old. I did not hurt at all before the accident and now I seem to hurt all the time. I can't even play with my 10 year old brother like I did before...I can't possibly go to the gym like before, because I am afraid I will hurt my back and neck more.

What am I eligible for ? I really didn't want to hire a lawyer unless it is necessary. The insurance company asked me to keep my medical receipts and they would contact me within 30 days.

Thank you in advance. Your advice is greatly appreciated.



Hello J.R.,

I am very sorry to hear about your accident and all the issues you are having. Truly hope you feel better soon.

It is very difficult to give you an answer regarding what you are eligible for. You are eligible to be put back in the position you were before the accident. How much is that? It will depend on all your medical bills and records, and how long will it take to recover 100% back to where you used to be.

You are entitled to pain and suffering and array of different damages, please see:

Your best bet is to talk to a local attorney. The first consultation is free and they can guide you regarding the range of settlement. To find an attorney near you, please see:

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432