Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

How do I get my claim paid if I lost my title?

Someone crashed my parked car in front of my house a few years back and the driver was found at fault.

The insurance company settled my case and asked me send them my title of ownership so they could send me a check for the car due to the fact that it was totaled. I lost the title and never applied for another one.

I don't remember what was the insurance companies name and I am in desperate need of the money now. How can I get the money owed to me?

The accident was in Hartford Connecticut and I have since moved to Puerto Rico. Please help me.



You will have some problems with this. Why a few years back? Why is it talking so long. This is not going to help you situation.

In addition, you do have to show that this is your car. You will have to track down the prior owner and document how and when you purchased the car. You can do that by phone.

Other than that, you will have to hire a lawyer.

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

How Much is Your Case Worth?
Ask a Lawyer Now!

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter

Auto Insurance Claim Advice Free Newsletter

Join our free monthly subscription with tips, news, articles, negotiation techniques, and more about insurance companies and their claim process.




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure. We promise to use it only to send you Auto Insurance Claim Advice Information.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432