Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

How to obtain power of attorney for a person in Jail?

by Pedro

My fathers car was stolen about a month ago, for the insurance to complete the claim, they need him to sign the Power Of Attorney, but he is in jail. He has been there for almost 2 years now.
Can you please give me some information on what can I do?

Thank you


Sorry, there is not much you can do.

All you can do is have him sign the documents from the jail. No one can give you a power of attorney but him. Remember, the POA must be be notarized. The insurance company might allow for a Custodian Notary, but they may be not. You need to ask them.

You are better off asking a local attorney, please see:

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432