Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Insurance will no longer fix my car

by Eric

My car was in an accident. The car has been to the shop 2 times since for a vibration due to the accident.

The dealer cannot diag the problem. How can i get it repaired or totaled??


Hello Eric,

You are in a hard difficult position.

As you already know, insurance companies will delay this process. Getting the car totaled is difficult to do if the costs of repairs are not close to the actual cash value of your car. Please see:

You could try to make a diminished value claim, but it will depend on how the accident happened.

Please see:

The other alternative is to file a complaint with the department of insurance of the insurance commissioner (called different things in different states).

Of course, you should talk to a lawyer and take it from there.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432