Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Lost of usage of my car

I want to know if I can claim lost of usage if I rent a car from a friend instead of a car rental company.


If you can show that

1. you needed the vehicle
2. and that was an actual payment made to your friend (like a receipt)
3.Your friends Social Security Number (the insurance company is required to report payments made to individuals that are providing a service, like renting a vehicle, to the IRS for calculation of income).

Note, sometimes insurance adjusters are easy to deal with you and they would pay you a reasonable rate directly. However, this might not be the case, and they will "want" to force the rules on you.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432