Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Parking Lot Damage | Will I have to pay my deductible?

by Helene
(Westland, MI USA)

I came out of the grocery store and found my car had been smashed.

Do I need to file a police report?

Will I be responsible for my deductible?


Hello Helene,

Most likely yes, you will have to pay. What a bummer. A police report is probably required for a vandalism claim so it’s wise to file one, even if it is an incident report.

See more about comprehensive coverage here:

I hope this helps,

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432