Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Passenger in a vehicle accident.

by Andrea



I was a passenger in a car that got totaled. Is the Drivers insurance company suppose to pay all of the doctor bills?

Because I had to have surgery on my thumb and I had stitched and pins placed in my thumb.


Hello Andrea,

You should have coverage under the PIP / Medical Payments portion of the vehicle's policy.

Also, if the driver of the vehicle you were in is at least 1% at fault, you may also be able to recover under the liability coverage of the policy.

Do talk to an attorney - this could be worth a good amount of money. Please see below:

How Much is Your Case Worth?
Ask a Lawyer Now!

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter

Auto Insurance Claim Advice Free Newsletter

Join our free monthly subscription with tips, news, articles, negotiation techniques, and more about insurance companies and their claim process.




Don't worry -- your e-mail address is totally secure. We promise to use it only to send you Auto Insurance Claim Advice Information.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432