Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Policy holder at fault in accident

Policy holder has cramp and loses control of vehicle momentarily, vehicle crashes into wall, vehicle damaged and policy holder injured, policy holder does not have PIP..



If the policy holder is the driver, is at fault, and has not PIP or Medical payments, then the policy holder will have to pay for it's own medical bills (could be done with health insurance if any).

There are some statutes that require insurance companies to always carry PIP and/or medical coverage. Some states allow you to waive it or require that you sign an specific waiver. Some do not care if you have this coverage or not. If your state requires the insurance company to get a waiver or not allow them to waive, there might still be coverage there.

Talk to an attorney, please see:

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432