Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Question on out of state accident

by Lorri

my son,friend and daughter driving thru ky lost control in icy weather.

No ticket issued,front end damage undrivable,friend was taking turn driving. State farm is our agent out of michigan,what can we do other than file a claim? We need quick help!!!


Hi Lori,

Contact State Farm as soon as possible. Most insurance policies will cover you anywhere in the Continental U.S. so you should not have a problem there.

If you have rental coverage, the insurance company can help you get set up. Try to go with a national rental company like Enterprise, they can advise you of how you can manage the rental car situation (return and that type of thing).

Contact state Farm to their claims office directly, no need to go through your agent if you want quicker response.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432