Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Rear ended in Florida

by Jean

I am told that since florida is a no fault state i can not claim any pain and suffering for soft tissue damage by the insurance company of the lady whose truck hit me in the rear while sitting at red light.( witness available)

Is this truE??


Yes, well maybe.

In Florida accident, You can only sue for pain and suffering and loss wages if you had a severe injury or death (in case your spouse was injured). That is about it. Other than that, you can recover against your own insurance if you have the required PIP coverage. You can only recover the reasonable and necessary expenses of your treatment. Contact your adjuster for more information on the loss wages.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432