Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Settling car accident letter

by Ly

I just got into a car accident. someone reared me from behind. it is not a major damage, but the person who hit me wants to settle it outside of insurance.

I intend to provide her with a collision estimate. What I am having trouble with is drafting a letter that both parties can sign once we reach a mutual agreement.

would you be able to tell me what else I need to do?



You can simply draft a letter saying that for exchange and full consideration of X amount you give them a release of any and all property damage claims against them.

Only do this when the car is fixed and you are happy with the repairs. You do not want to give a release and then your car is having problems (needs paint, or the paint does not match).

To learn more about claims and how to document them, visit:

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432