Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Shopping Cart Collision | Coverage?

by Car person

If the wind blows a shopping cart into my car, is it considered a Collision or Comprehensive claim.


Read your coverages carefully. It will really depend on how the coverage is specifically defined. See more on how to read an auto policy here:

Note, most collisions are with "objects" and not animals so you could argue that, however, comprehensive coverage usually covers "projectiles" and "free falling objects" - therefore this could be a projective pushed by the wind.

Read both definitions carefully, and if you cannot have one straight answer or you think there is a clear ambiguity (it must be clear), then the insurance company must be "on your side" and either provide coverage, or provide coverage at the lower deductible.

Good Luck

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice
Spokane Washington

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432