Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

stolen vehicle

by Corey Ray

I own my vehicle and it was stolen and recovered after 9 days. my insurance company is going to pay the claim but their adjuster quoted a repair price that was a little low considering the damage, I see. How do I get my agent to increase/negotiate a fair repair cost with me? What are my rights, Do I have to take their estimate?


We are not sure if your vehicle was recovered or not? If the damage was being estimated by an adjuster we are assuming that the vehicle was recovered. If this is the case, then review the estimate, take the estimate to the shop you want the car fixed at and have that mechanic look at it. If they agree with the adjuster then you do not have anything to worry about.

If there is a big gap, then the adjuster must deal directly with you mechanic. Also visit for more information about auto damages and negotiation:

Good Luck,


Comments for stolen vehicle

Click here to add your own comments

Nov 21, 2007
File police report
by: Anonymous

Always file a police report. Even if the police does not come out to the scene.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432