Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Total Loss of a Car | Salvage Question

I want to buy my car back from the insurance company the adjuster said my car was a total loss and I could not buy my own car back is there a law stating that a client cant buy back there total loss car?



It depends what your state law says about that. Most states will allow you to buy back your car (called "getting the salvage.) However, there are a handful of states that will not allow you to do that.

Contact the department of insurance of your state. They will be able to tell you.

For a link to your state's department of insurance please see: (bottom of the page)

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432