Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Truck at home

by George

I live in a house that i rent. I have rental insurance and full coverage insurance. Plus i have home owner insurance for a place where i don't live but rent out. During a ice storm a couple of branches fell on my truck my insurance agent also owns the house i rent. She said it is against my truck policy not the home policy. The truck was parked in the driveway. Is this the case. Thanks


Hi George,

yeah, this sounds to be correct. If the damage is to the truck then only the truck policy will cover you.

Most renters insurance and home owners policy specifically exclude damage to vehicles (they want you to buy auto insurance instead).

I hope this helps.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432