Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Two settlements from one injury claim

by Tracy
(Dallas )

I was a passenger on a Yamaha Rhino ATV when the driver flipped the atv and I sustained a massive injury that will leave me permanently disfigured and damaged.

Can I collect the hundred thousand dollars from his homeowners insurance company and then sue Yamaha for their negligence?

My damages far exceed the hundred thousand dollar limit his insurance will pay.


Hello Tracy,

Well, you can collect against is insurance and them maybe seek more for the excess under other polices, the ATV? The ATV policy will probably be primary, and then, barring any coverage issue, then the home owners. If you exhaust this coverage, then may be the next one should be your own UIM coverage if you have any.

Your injury may be worth more than you think, we suggest you contact an attorney. Also, you can try to figure out how much you can expect if a lawyer well train could evaluate your injury. See below:

How Much is Your Case Worth?
Ask a Lawyer Now!

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432