Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Under Age Quote

by Josh
(Bel Air, MD)

If I’m 16 can I have insurance on my 1989 ford ranger? what do I need to do to get my own insurance? I want my own insurance because if I get into an accident I will be the only one responsible.

You can have your own insurance policy, but you must own the car (have the title) or be the registered owner (in case that you have a loan).

The difficult thing is that it can get expensive. Be sure to have several quotes from different places before making a decision.

Prices vary significantly and you might be able to save a lot of money by shopping around. I would start by getting a quote here.

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432