Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

uninsured motorist Bodily injury claim

by Candice
(clovis, CA , United States)

My husband and I were on my husband’s motorcycle, which was insured under Pacific Specialties.

We were hit by an uninsured motorist, December 2007. We were in the hospital for 3 weeks.

We carry UMBI with our 2 cars under Allstate insurance.

Are we entitled to UMBI from our cars insurance?


Hello Candice,

Most likely not. Most auto insurance policies only cover you for auto accidents. They define the word auto as a vehicle with four wheels. They might define it differently, but chances are they have someone how excluded motorcycles.

Read your policy carefully. They might or might not exclude this. Read our section on how to do that here:

There might be coverage there, but again, it is unlikely.

I hope this helps some,

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432