Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Uninsured motorist for hit as pedestrian

by Barbara
(Eutaw, AL US)

My son was hit as a pedestrian by a hit and run driver and was admitted to the hospital with a bruise and swelling to the brain.

He is not on my insurance, but he is a student in college and he comes home when school is out therefore my address is still his address. Can I claim him as a uninsured motorist.


Hello Barbara,

Most likely yes. You would be able to do so if he fits the definition of "family member" within your policy. Read your policy carefully under that section and this may grant him coverage for that.

See our section on how to interpret policy language here:

Good Luck,
Auto Insurance Claim Advice

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432