Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

3 pile auto accident

I was involve in an accident recently where I was struck in the rear from the result of the car behind me being struck in the rear by another car. Can I file claim with both insurance for damages.


You can file claims with both insurance companies, but you will only be compensated for the damages caused by each driver.

If the driver that hit you was truly pushed into you, then that driver is likely not liable to you and he/she would not owe any damages to you. The person that hit him/her would have to pay 100% of your damages.

If, however, the driver behind you is liable, then she/he may have to pay a percentage of the damage (says 50%) and the other driver the other percentage (the other 50%).

In no case however you can be compensated for more than 100% of the damage.

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432