Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Another driver hit another car | is my ins liable?

If someone else was driving my car in CA, am I responsible (my insurance) for them backing into a non-moving object?

They are insured by the way.


Most likely yes. Insurance follows the car (subject some exceptions) and as long as this person had permission to drive and was either a member of your household or a non household member of the household who does not have this vehicle available for his regular use, then your insurance will probably have to pay for the non moving vehicle damages.

Good luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432