Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Being sued for diminished value of other car

by JJ

I received a summons today to appear in court for the claim of diminished value to a car I rear ended on my way to work in a construction zone on I-15.

I was driving in the "fast lane" on the way to work and apparently this lane was closing.

The only problem was I could not see the lane closing warnings due to the semis driving around me. Anyway, I am in a spot where I cannot afford this, can I get some advice?

Answer to Being sued for diminished value of other car:

Hello JJ,

You need to contact your insurance company as soon as possible. They may have already pay for the damages, but just not allow for the diminution of value claim.

In either situation, they must provide you with a defense. Your liability coverage should provide coverage for this.

Do note, if you don’t have coverage, please talk to an attorney.

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432