Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Car caught fire

My daughter's car caught fire in the engine compartment and burned to the ground while she was driving it. She has State Farm insurance and has collision and comprehensive coverage. State Farm says that her car is not covered for the fire under those circumstances.

That doesn't seem right. Is the State Farm agent telling the truth?


Are they telling you the truth? We don't know. You do need to ask where in the policy it specifies which "circumstances" they are talking about. You need to requests that they put the denial in writing.

Typically, an insurance policy will not provide coverage for "mechanical breakdown" but it will provide coverage for accidental loss. It is going to be a determination based on that.

Talk to an attorney about that.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432