Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Car Stolen | insurance rates?

My son has been driving a car that is in his sister’s name but he has insurance on it in his name.

A person stole the car out of a driveway that my son was at and fled the highway patrol and wrecked the car. The person was booked on Auto Theft.

How do we get restitution for this? It will not go against either of their insurance correct?



It might go against the insurance policy of the car (the insurance company or policy that has this vehicle listed as insured vehicle, regardless of who owns it).

Insurance companies will usually ding you for theft claims because you are a “higher” risk to insure. If the theft happened in your drive way, then they argue that the likelihood this happens again is more probable than not, thereby making you a higher risk to insure.

For more information about insurance coverage, please see:

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432