Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Claim denied by other parties insurance | What to do?

My car was parked on the street and someone hit it and left. There were 4 witnesses outside at the time. The witnesses left a note on my car with the license plate # of the person who hit me. I filed a police report and a report with both insurance companies.

The person who hit me lied and said they weren't there and have no damage to their car. Their insurance denied my claim.

My car wasn’t drivable so it was already fixed through my insurance but I want my deductible back. What do I do?


If you want your deductible back, your insurance company will not likely help you (you need to ask). It would appear that your only options is to pursue small claims court and/or a formal lawsuit.

You should contact an attorney to explore your options.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432