Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Claim question about tenageer friend backing into car

by Joe

My teenage son that has gull insurance on his car while out of town was parked at a friends house.

A friend back into his car and caused about 1700 in damage.

This friend was going to pay for damage directly and now has decided to file a claim with his insurance company. My son already has car in for repairs. Does my son need to notify my sons insurance company. thank you


It depends… Is there any possibility that your son’s car was parked illegally or in any way be blame for the accident (which it would be difficult, but I am talking about an allegation).

If there is no way that this can happen, then you are probably safe. Remember that you have a duty to report claims, read more about there:

Also read this article about rates and claims.

I hope this helps

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432