Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Cracked motor | How to handle this claim?

by Shell

I have only had my insurance with this company for about a week. During a bad rain, I turned on a flooded street. It was raining so hard I couldnt see where to turn around.

My car flooded and when it was checked by a mechanic, I was told the motor had a crack in it. Due to the pressure of the water. Will my new insurance company pay to have my motor repaired or replaced?


Well, you will have to show that this is how the damage to the engine occurred. Your insurance company will try to claim "mechanical breakdown" as this is usually excluded.

Talk to your mechanic and document that how this actually happened or you can have a real issue on this.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432