Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Does Insurance have to pay for my total loss?

by Amber

I am a licensed driver. I had just bought my car few days before another person ran a red light in his company car(works for Toyota)and totaled my car, He had insurance but I hadn't switched my insurance over to my car,

Does their insurance have to pay for my car?


Most insurance policies automatically ads new vehicle's to your current policy so long as you make the switch within 30 days or the time stated on the policy. A newly acquired vehicle clause could save you here.

If you have insurance and the other party hits your car (their fault), they must pay for your total loss.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432