Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Don't Agree with the other drivers insurance percent of fault

by Brittani

Long story short... I was in an auto accident back in Feb. 2011, There was a police report done. The report puts the other driver as the Primary factor and Cause for the accident.

It does say i was an associated factor for following too closely. I am currently waiting to contest this in court.

I don’t believe i was since the other driver illegally cut me off and was recklessly driving.

The other drivers insurance said they were taking liability for it , until the contacted my insurance and found out I wasn’t covered at the time of the accident. After this, they changed their "investigation" and claim I am 80% at fault for the accident. I have tried to negotiate with them but they won’t and just tell me no we are sticking to our claim. After 7 months they are calling me and Pervious owners of my vehicle, saying they are demanding payment of $6,916.90. I', currently doing an investigation with the Commission Office of California.

Now if after this investigation and the company still doesn’t want to change their percentage. What can i Do ? They are totally taking advantage of the fact i have no one to represent me. How do i handle this? Do I take the other driver to small claims and let the judge decided? DO i need a lawyer?

(ive tried to call a few but they don’t want to help because there is no injury claim)


Well, lesson 1. Never driver without insurance, they will take advantage of the situation and will have a substantial amount of resources against you. You already contacted the Insurance Commission so they should take a look at it.

If that does not work, you should talk to a an attorney. Please review these pages before you decide to go to court.

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432