Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Filing an insurance claim

by Chris

My husband crushed the side of our truck while trying to back up a drive way, this happened about 10 mos. ago.

I have not changed insurance companies. can i still file a claim to fix it, considering it happened that long a ago? we did'nt have the money for the deductible that why we did'nt file sooner.


Hello Chris,

I am sorry to hear about your truck. Ordinarily, you have a duty to report losses, please see:

Most of the time, insurance companies deal with this type of scenario and as long as there are no lapses in your policy and you can show this was one accident and not several (many deductibles).

Be honest with your insurance company. Remember, this is more common than you think.

Good Luck,

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432