Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Hit my daughter's car backing up!

by Ana
(New Paltz, NY )

I had my car in my driveway and my daughter had hers as well in the driveway. I was backing up my car and hit hers, we both have damages on our cars now and even though we live in the same household, we have different car insurances.

My car is a 2007 Toyota Rav 4 and hers is a 2008 Toyota Rav 4 also. Mine is paid off , hers is not. I would like to know what to do, I don't want neither of our insurance rates to go up. Need advice!!! Thanks.


Hello Ana,

Well, you can pay for the damages out of pocket. If that is not an option, you will have to claim against your own insurance company. Since you are at fault (unless she was illegally park), your liability portion of your policy will pay for the damage to her vehicle at 100%. The damages to your vehicle will be subject to your collision deductible.

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432