Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

I got in an accident and the other guy, who was at fault, didn't have insurance...

by Aaron
(Canton, Michigan )

I got in an auto accident and the other guy was at fault.

The problem is that he didn't have insurance. What should I do?

I didn't call the police on him and I haven't filed a police report.

I have full coverage and I am wondering do I need to file a police report to get the damages covered?


Hello Aaron,

Filing a police report is prudent. You need to document this as soon as possible. Your insurance company might asking why you did not do that.

They will be looking at the situation and if you have collision coverage, they will pay for your damages mines your deductible.

If you have uninsured motorist coverage, they will likely require the police report.

Read more about UMPD here:

I hope this helps,

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432