Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Is there a standard form for requesting declaration page info, from the bad guys

by Michael

My wife was injured, and I need to know how much coverage they have and when I ask they tell me that they can not give this info right now.


Hello Michel,

There is no standard form, simply you must put request in writing. However, usually insurance companies will not release this information to you unless they believe the limits (the amount of coverage) will be an issue.

If they believe that your wife's injuries could never realistically reach the amount of coverage, they will not give that information out.

Even if they think that the injuries could get to that level, they must ask their insured to release the limits to you.

Usually an attorney could get this information for you.

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432