Ask an Attorney a Question for FREE!

Non insured car --HIT and RUN

I was driving a non insured rental car on a freeway, when suddenly I was hit by an old lady. She drove away and I could not even get her number.

Now I called up the cops and filed a report.

ques: will I have to pay the rental car guys or there is a way out.

The cops report says that I was not at fault and it clearly was a hit n run case..



Well, why is the rental car not insured? Usually, they must check that you do have insurance before they let your rent.

Also, if you have a car with a policy on it, you may have coverage there. Your auto policy could provide coverage there. Also, if you paid with a credit card, some credit cards provide insurance for rental car.

Those are my thoughts, but you do need to talk to a lawyer.

Good Luck

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Got Questions?.

Please see more answers to recent personal injury and auto accident questions below:

For a Free Review of Your Case
Please Call (866) 878-2432